Problem with files having .desktop extension

R. C. Hansdah hansdah at csa.iisc.ernet.in
Sat Aug 26 15:23:27 BST 2006

Dear All,

        I was changing files associations in KDE components. I do not
really recall what I did, but after reboot I found that these files after
left double click are invoking the window to choose the applications to
handle these files instead of invoking the embedded applications. If I
remove the .desktop extension, then they invoke the embedded applications.

How can I restore the original behaviour of kde?  That is, when I double
click a file with .desktop extension, the embedded application should get
invoked.

I am kde 3.5.1 under fedora core 5.

Thanks,

-R. C. Hansdah