Kmail and gpg

Bob Richards bob at tania.servebbs.org
Wed Aug 23 07:25:44 BST 2006

Hi:

I am using kmail 1.9.1 under KDE 3.5.1 on Freebsd 6.1 with
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.2.2

When I receive a gpg signed message for which I don't have the key on my
keyring, kmail flags it as "No public key available" When I manually check
for the key on pgp.mit.edu, I find it, and if I manually import that key into
my keyring, kmail is happy.

Under Crypto Backends ----> OpenPGP -----> Configure -----> OpenPGP

I have entered hkp://pgp.mit.edu I have also tried x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu and
several other public hkp servers.

Shouldn't kmail fetch the public key? Am I just using bad public servers? Is
there a bug in my kmail?

TIA
Bob