Kmail. Way to move all mail from one folder to another.

Bob Stia rnr at sanctum.com
Sun Aug 20 04:02:25 BST 2006

On Saturday 19 August 2006 15:52, Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Saturday 19 August 2006 21:34, Bob Stia wrote:
> > On Saturday 19 August 2006 14:46, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > > I want to move mail from one folder to another, without moving one at a
> > > time. Is there a way to add options to the right click on the folders
> > > drop down menu? I can obviously move all the messages in a directory to
> > > the wastebin, but I would like to move them to a different directory.
> >
> > Sure, easy
> >
> > Just select all of the mails that you want to move.  Right click and hold
> > it on any one of them.  From the menu that comes up, select "move", pick
> > your folder move the cursor onto the folder and release trhe click. Voila
> > !!  All moved.
> >
> > Bob S.
>
> Hi Bob. I'm not trying to be absolutely stupid, but where am I supposed to
> be selecting the mails from, that I want to move? From the list of headers,
> for instance in the inbox? I only am able to select one at a time like
> that.

No, not stupid.  Open the file folder you want to move the messages from.
Select the header of the first one you want to move by highlighting it. You
can then select a range of continuous messages by moving your cursor to the
end message and hold down the shift key and then selecting it. That will
select the first, last, and all between. Or, if you want to pick and choose
from the list you can hold down the control key and highlight them
individually. After they are all selected follow as explained above.

Hope I made myself clear this time.

Bob S.