Konqueror CSS question: implementation of min-height property

Mitch mitch074 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 08:50:38 BST 2006

Peter Wiersig a écrit :

>On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 05:00:23PM +0200, Mitch wrote:
>

>>However, while Konqueror supports min-height, it only does so on
>>px (and probably em) - but not %!
>>

>Have you tried to read the specs about height 100%? It's
>complicated and the points you have to keep in mind is that
>".section { min-height: 100% }" has the meaning: 100% of the
>surrounding element, in your case the body, which is contained in
>the <html> element.

Ok, my bad: I hadn't read the specs. However, I had set up the <body>
size as absolute with top=0 and bottom=0.

>You'll have to have at least css rules for
>those 2 elements beside the div you've already setup.

well, I've tried setting up rules for all surrounding elements. My page
layout actually is as follows (I'll reuse the one you gave me)

><head><TITLE>Test page</TITLE></head>

me to have a simili-frame in my page, the div thus has a
body.height-100px size */

>	bla bla bla<br>
>	yadda yadda</p>
>	bla bla bla<br>
>	yadda yadda</p>

>Peter

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work in Konqueror (I have 3.4). My
layout is actually based on DIVs using absolute coordinates relative to
the body's borders (which is defined as top:0; left:0; width:100%;
height:100%; margin:0; border:0; padding:0; making it take up the whole
viewport, and nothing else). It looks like Gecko does calculate a
containing block's height when this block is defined as such
(absolute+top and bottom), but that other browsers don't (Konqueror 3.4
doesn't reflow those elements when one resizes the window, while Opera
and IE7 do - IE6 somewhat).

Mitch