digikam from extragear crashes when adding camera

Steven P. Ulrick lists-kde at afolkey2.net
Fri Apr 14 00:11:42 BST 2006

Hello, Everyone
When attempting to get some photos off of my camera, I fired up Digikam
just like always and went to the "Cameras" menu and selected our
camera.  A window came up for a few seconds, and then disappeared.
Then, just for fun, I removed ~/.kde/share/config/digikamrc and
~/.kde/share/apps/digikam and fired up digikam again.  Same result.
Since I had no cameras configured, I chose to add one.  Whether I
clicked on the Add button, or Auto-Detect, Digikam crashed in the same
way I described above.

Here's a link to the terminal output when I chose to "Add" a camera:
http://www.afolkey2.net/KDE/digikam/digikam-output_AddCamera.txt
Here's a link to the backtrace when I chose to "Add" a camera:
http://www.afolkey2.net/KDE/digikam/digikam-backtrace-AddCamera.txt

Here's a link to the terminal output when I chose to "Auto-Detect" a
camera:
http://www.afolkey2.net/KDE/digikam/digikam-output_Autodetect.txt
Here's a link to the backtrace when I chose to "Auto-Detect" a camera:
http://www.afolkey2.net/KDE/digikam/digikam-backtrace-Autodetect.txt

If you think I should take this to the kde-devel list, or the gphoto
list, let me know and I will be glad to do so.

Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: When I attempt to access the camera directly with gphoto, I get
the same error that you will see in the "output" links above.  Also,
this same camera, using digikam from extragear, worked perfectly with
Fedora Core 3.  Now I am running Fedora Core 5.