KDE 3.5.2: Konqueror configuration

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 10 20:37:53 BST 2006

> I recently downloaded and installed (built from sources) kde 3.5.2, using
> the konstruct tool, as found on kde.org.
> I have been able to install almost all the software by running:
> cd meta/everything; make install as indicated in the README. Konstruct is
> a very powerfull tool ! Congratulations.
> Now I am running KDE 3.5.2 and I try to configure my konqueror using
> Settings/Configure Konqueror menu. All I get is an empty page with no
> options to configure ! What's wrong ? Is It a well-known problem ? Any
> solution ?

Some questions:
What distro are you running? Kubuntu, by any chance? (ISTR a slightly
similar problem reported there by a konstruct user)
Did you make sure to set all the required environment variables as described
in the Konstruct documentation? (at least, I hope they're explained there)
Do you get correct configure dialogs in any other KDE application? What
about Control Center (kcontrol)? Does that work OK?

Regards,
Philip