openwindows/CDE look & feel for KDE

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Fri Sep 30 19:43:19 BST 2005

On Friday, 30 September 2005 17:46, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> You can do this by setting the KDEWM environment variable to the window
> manager you want to run.

These are exactly the type of messages that drive me crazy on lists.
Understand me: thank you very much for these hints, they are very usefull.
But you are taking for granted that all the other readers know HOW to do
this.
Most KDE users have "simply" installed their distribution, some even don't
know there are other possibilities. So I would suggest that when posting such
helpfull informations, you (whoever is "you") also post either a short how to
or say in which FAQ it is to be found.

For example, on the matter of changing the window manager, you can look here:
http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-pagehistory.php?page=Tips+and+Tricks&preview=57

However, a short "do this, then that" would help the reader to do so
immediately.

Thierry

Frank Zappa