KsCD - CDROM

nigel henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Tue Sep 27 20:45:47 BST 2005

On Tuesday 27 Sep 2005 6:59 pm, LeRoy DeVries wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 September 2005 10:29, Justin Denick wrote:
> > try changing subfs in you fstab file to iso9660
>
> That resulted in the following error:  mount: /dev/cdrom is not a block
> device

Hi LeRoy. Just a thought. If cdrom isn't showing as a block device it may not
have an entry in /dev. Have a look in /dev and see if it's there. Cdrom
usually uses hdc and there is also an entry for cdrom thats linked to hdc in
/dev. Let us know what Linux distro you're using, as stuff is set up
differently on different distro's. I say this having just installed FC3.
Cdrom was missing from /dev until I did the 800MB of updates, then cdrom
appeared there and cdrecorder turned up on the desktop, and fstab had been
changed to cdrecord. Nigel.