Konsole: new window

Jose Celestino japc at co.sapo.pt
Thu Sep 15 13:21:08 BST 2005

Words by SnapafunFrank [Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 04:11:00AM +0000]:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:

> >>Why ?
> >>

> >Some of the posters in this thread were giving instruction on how to open new
> >tabs, which Jose already knows, but missed the actual problem (opening a new
> >_window_).
> >

> I have replied to this earlier but will re-issue in case the thread has
> been cropped.
>
> Under " Settings " - " Configure Shortcuts " you can customize the
> action to " Detach Session ". Works fine here.

Yes, I can do a New Session + Detach Session, I know. But can I combine that
in a single shortcut? Better yet, can I start a session already detached?
Do I have a dcop call for New Window (I failed to find for detach also) so
that I can script things?

Thanks to all that replied.

--
Jose Celestino | http://xpto.org/~japc/files/japc-pgpkey.asc