Konsole: new window

SnapafunFrank Frank at snapafun.co.nz
Fri Sep 16 04:32:57 BST 2005

Jose Celestino wrote:

>Words by Bob Stia [Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:38:38PM -0400]:
>

>>On Wednesday 14 September 2005 06:28 pm, Jose Celestino wrote:
>>

>>>Words by Kevin Krammer [Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 08:15:09PM +0200]:

>>>Yes, but that runs a new konsole process. I don't want to run a brand
>>>new konsole. What I want is a shortcut to open a *new*window* for an
>>>existing konsole. Could I script it throught dcop? I know I can open
>>>a new session with "dcop konsole-$PID konsole newSession".I can't
>>>configure it in "Configure Shortcuts" for konsole either.
>>>

>>Jose,
>>
>>I may be too thick to understand this. You want to open a new window in
>>konsole, (the terminal program)?
>>
>>If that is what you want, in the lower left hand corner there is an
>>icon, Each time you click on it, it opens a new window with the prompt
>>in it. You can then go back and forth by clicking on the appropriate
>>terminal.
>>

>No, this *does*not* open a new window, it opens a *new*tab*. The other
>problem is that I don't want to click anywhere; I want a keyboard
>shortcut. That's all.

If you are using konsole then:

Ctrl+Alt+N will open a new session. ( Lower case 'n' is OK. )

You can configure your own shortcuts under the ' Settings ' menu - '
Configure Shortcuts '

I stuck with " Ctrl+Alt+/n /" where '/n/' here is the number
corrosponding to the session number.

Enjoy.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213  [ http://counter.li.org/ ]