Konsole: new window

Bob Stia rnr at sanctum.com
Thu Sep 15 04:38:38 BST 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 06:28 pm, Jose Celestino wrote:
> Words by Kevin Krammer [Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 08:15:09PM +0200]:
> > On Wednesday 14 September 2005 14:04, Jose Celestino wrote:
> > > Helo.
> > >
> > > I use separate konsole because I don't like tabs. Being faster
> > > and more eficient I would like to do "New Session"->"New Window"
> > > instead of opening a distinct konsole each time.
> >
> > Alt+F2: konsole
>
> Yes, but that runs a new konsole process. I don't want to run a brand
> new konsole. What I want is a shortcut to open a *new*window* for an
> existing konsole. Could I script it throught dcop? I know I can open
> a new session with "dcop konsole-$PID konsole newSession".I can't
> configure it in "Configure Shortcuts" for konsole either.

Jose,

I may be too thick to understand this. You want to open a new window in
konsole, (the terminal program)?

If that is what you want, in the lower left hand corner there is an
icon, Each time you click on it, it opens a new window with the prompt
in it. You can then go back and forth by clicking on the appropriate
terminal.

I hope this is what you are looking for. If not, just file me as
clueless and ignore this post.

Bob S.