KDM, StaticServers, ServerCmd, and ServerArgsLocal

Steven Kurylo skurylo at cleartech.ca
Wed Sep 7 22:42:48 BST 2005

Hello,

I recently upgraded to kdm 3.4.2 (debian sid) and I found out the hard
way that it no longer uses Xservers to figure out what X servers to
load.  I'm trying to determine how to get the same functionality out of
kdmrc's StaticServers, ServerCmd, and ServerArgsLocal settings as I had
in Xservers.

In my Xservers file I passed different arguments to different X servers
- I used this to give each X server a different configuration file.
Here is what the Xserver file looked like:

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -xf86config /etc/X11/xorg.conf.monitor vt7
-dpi 100 -nolisten tcp
:1 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -xf86config /etc/X11/xorg.conf.tv vt8 -dpi 100
-nolisten tcp

After reading the handbook on kdmrc, I don't see how I can pass
different ServerArgsLocal to the servers specified in StaticServers.  If
I setup two servers in StaticServers they're both getting the same
ServerArgsLocal.

Am I able to do this in kdmrc?  As a temporary work around I've made kdm
handle one of the servers while a different dm handles the other server.

Thank you.