Certain characters require double key press

Nicholas nicholas at njhaes.org
Tue Sep 6 08:04:49 BST 2005

Hello,
Single quote, double quote, tilde, backtick and circumflex characters need two
presses of the keyboard to appear onscreen. I´m not doing well finding out
why. I thought it was a scim artifact but I have uninstalled that and removed
its config files. kbd setup in XConfig seems fine, as do settings for locale,
etc in KDE. The effect occurs in every program running under X whether native
KDE or not. It does not occur on the console before X is started. Ie
runlevels 1, 3. System is i386 Athlon, SuSE9.2, KDE 3.4.1.
Any pointers would be very helpful.
Nicholas