X or KDE? is very unstable

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Mon Sep 5 17:38:26 BST 2005

Hi:

I'm using the stock KDE installation on slackware 10.0.
This is a multiple partition machine and problems that I am
experiencing are not occuring on the RH 9.0 partiton.

Frankly, I expect that this is more likely an X problem than
a KDE problem and if I am correct, then I would welcome pointers
to the appropriate ML or forum.

kwinrc, xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log can be seen at
http://www.johnsons-web.com/demo/slack/. Other system config files and
dumps can be seen there, but are not current.

Input devices are all USB, keyboard, free standing numeric keypad and
trackball.

Symptoms are:
Frequent high level of hard drive activity, accompanied by loss of
system response to pointing device, kepad, and keyboard. Occurs for
both user and root.

Any help would be appreciated. Again, if I'm hollering help in the
wrong direction, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks
tim

--
Tim Johnson <tim at johnsons-web.com>