feature wish: FreeNX client as virtual Desktop

Felix E. Klee fk at linuxburg.de
Mon Oct 31 13:05:04 GMT 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:28:59 +0100, "Dexter Filmore"
<Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de> said:
> Would be cool if I could have one virtual desktop reserved for an NX
> sesion and have it automatically shown as soon as the machine is
> available or sumsuch. That possible at all?

It's simple, if your window manager is powerful enough (I use FVWM):
Just tell it to start an NX client without window decorations on a
specified desktop.

I've a similar setup with Win4Lin: One of my virtual desktops shows
Win98SE, though I don't let it start automatically on startup (I don't
need it all the time).
--
Felix E. Klee
fk at linuxburg.de    (work)