kde and trackbal

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Oct 27 19:43:27 BST 2005

Denis S wrote:
> Hi!
> I use trackbal(Logitech Cordless Optical TrackMan) and when i open
> kcontrol->Peripherals->Mouse->Cordless Optical TrackMan i see message:
> "You have a Logitech Mouse connected, and libusb was found at compile time,
> but it was not possible to access this mouse. This is probably caused by a
> permissions problem."
> How i can repair this problem or what i must read to resolve this problem.
> Debian Sarge KDE 3.4.0

Normally, devices are installed as root:root:600.

You need to determine which device is being used for the mouse and
change the permissions to 666.

This can be as simple as changing the permissions of the actual file.
If you are using DEVFS or PAM, you may need to make changes in a
configuration file.

--
JRT