Howto iconify running apps to desktop

Lasse Liehu lliehu at kolumbus.fi
Tue Oct 25 07:27:02 BST 2005

KerstinMontasoya at comcast.net kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika tiistai 25
lokakuu 2005 08:23):
> How can I iconify running apps to desktop?
> I've been using X windows for a while and always been able to iconify
> running applications to the desktop, but now with KDE I cant figure it out.
Hmmh. In KDE you minimize windows to task bar (you can also use wndow list,
pressing Mouse-3 on the desktop.

But if you want to use shading, it's possible. You know (or not know) that
there's window shading and that's possible in KDE. It just don't make window
to iconify, but when shaded, window takes less space because only titlebar is
shown.

To shade the window, just rightclick the titlebar and select Shade. If you
have such settings, you're able to shade and unshade window by doubleclicking
the titlebar.

--
LasseL