[Konstruct] Error when building KDE 3.5 beta 2 : problem with kerberos

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 19 11:36:40 BST 2005

Nicolas.Castagne at imag.fr wrote:

> Hi all,
> ------------
> This mail deals with a problem when building KDE 3.5 beta 2 with
> Konstruct. I am not sure it is the correct mail list to post about
> Konstruct. Please let me know if it is not.
> -----------
>
> *** Analysis ***
> Basically, the problem is due to the fact that the 'kerberos' directory
> /usr/kerberos/ is not 'seen' by the compilator.

I expect there's some way with konstruct to change the flags given to the
C++ compiler. Take a look around in the konstruct directory. Ideally, you
want to get it to call "configure" with the options
"--with-extra-includes=/usr/kerberos/include" and
"--with-extra-libs=/usr/kerberos/lib". If you can't get it to do that, add
"-I/usr/kerberos/include" to the CXXFLAGS and "-L/usr/kerberos/lib" to
LDFLAGS.

HTH,
Phil