help with math expression evaluator applet

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Oct 17 03:07:23 BST 2005

Ketan Maheshwari wrote:
> dear philip,
> By math expression evaluator i mean the one that you can add as applet
> on the desktop pane.
> Help is not available for its usage. i am using fedora core linux with kde.

Do you want a calculator application that can do numerical integration
of a function like a HP hand held calculator?

I suggest that you will probably need a scientific plotting program such
as GNU-Plot.  I don't know what methods it uses or how accurate it is.

I thought that there was a KDE front end for GNU-Plot, but I can't find
it.  All I can find is a Qt front end:

http://www.xm1math.net/qgfe/

--
JRT