A very bad day

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 18:57:39 BST 2005

Hi
I am getting ready to update my system and have cleared out some files using
konq. The files in question show on all kde desktops as data1and konq shows
it as a folder off root.  I think this is a reisefs partition? "Mount |
column -t" in Konsole gives

/dev/hdd5  on  /data1   type  reiserfs  (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,user=john)
/dev/hdc3  on  /         type  ext3      (rw)
proc      on  /proc      type  proc      (rw)
devpts     on  /dev/pts       type  devpts    (rw,mode=0620,gid=5)

/dev/hdc1  on  /windows/C  type  ntfs
(rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,gid=100,umask=0002,nls=iso8859-1)

/dev/hdc5  on  /windows/D     type  vfat
(rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,gid=100,umask=0002,iocharset=iso8859-1,code=437)

tmpfs      on  /dev/shm       type  tmpfs     (rw)
usbdevfs   on  /proc/bus/usb  type  usbdevfs  (rw)

I hit cancel in a moment of confusion while the files were being deleted.
There were several thousand of them. If I look in the directory now there
aren't any files in at all. The Suse installation software created it and it
contained my previous Linux system. I don't want to get the files back but
I'm not sure what I have done to my system as not all of them were deleted?
My machine seems to be a bit slugish at times.
Regards
John