Locking down the desktop

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Wed Oct 5 10:36:35 BST 2005

On Tuesday 04 Oct 2005 19:06, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > You lock down the desktop using the documents at
> > http://enterprise.kde.org/articles/ especially the articles "KDE Kiosk:
> > Battening Down the Hatches" and "KDE: The Korporate Desktop Environment"
> > Having followed the suggestions there-in, you think well that's it, nobody
> > will be able to change their wallpaper and then KDE applications allow
users
> > to do it, there-by circumventing the corporate standard (well the school
> > standard anyway).
> >
> > Specifically KolourPaint includes options on the file menu to save your
> > image as the wallpaper.  Also, if you drag an image from the Konqueror
> > file browser to the desktop, a pop up menu appears which includes an open
> > to set the wallpaper to the dragged image.
>
> Hmm, does it change the wallpaper after one chooses that option?
> If it doesn it could be considered a bug of KDesktop for accepting the
> change.

Yes it does change tha wallpaper, which is the point I was making.  If the
desktop is lockdown, users should not be able to change their wallpaper.
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation