sound duration

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Tue Nov 22 16:23:08 GMT 2005

Hello,

I've just been setting up SuSE 10 on my new Thinkpad T43 and fond myself
runing KDE 3.4.2 "level b", whatever this means.

As usual, I changed the system notifications to sound more familiar and now I
have this problem (well, no problem I can't live with, but...): all sounds
stop playing after something between 1 and 2 seconds. For example, k3b's
trupeter get's knocked on the head in the middle of his success message.

I don't seem to find a place where I can change this. Modifying "auto-suspend
if idle after" did not do the trick. Any suggestions? Note that other sounds
(such as ogg playing) work well.

Thierry

Frank Zappa