WARNING: The Qt option -bg, --background has no effect

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Thu Nov 17 08:42:50 GMT 2005

Am Donnerstag, 17. November 2005 01:41 schrieb David Corbin:
> When I run konsole, specifying "-bg", I get the following message:
>
> WARNING: The Qt option -bg, --background has no effect

[...]
> 3) Is there an alternative way to control konsole's colors from the command
> line.

You can instruct konsole to use an existing colour schema.
konsole --schemas gives you a list of possible names.
konsole --schema SCHEMANAME will start a konsole with
the chosen colour schema.

It should also be possible to define your own colour schema
(although I've never tried that).
In the "Configure Konsole" dialog there is a special tab
for that.

HTH,
Christian.