WARNING: The Qt option -bg, --background has no effect

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at comcast.net
Wed Nov 16 14:21:03 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 07:04 am, David Corbin wrote:
> When I run konsole, specifying "-bg", I get the following message:
>
> WARNING: The Qt option -bg, --background has no effect
>
> Google yielded zero hits.
> 1) Why not?
> 2) Why does konsole --help-all show it?
> 3) Is there an alternative way to control konsole's colors from the command
> line.

Before I answer too much and make myself look dumber than I already am, I have
to ask, what are you trying to accomplish?  I'm having a hard time with
running a konsole session in the background.
However if you open a konsole session and look through the "settings" menu
option you'll see all kinds of ways to control the look and feel.  Then, once
you get it just like you like it, you can "Save as Default" and all future
konsole sessions will open by default with that look!

--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

	"The act of faith is the obedience of the understanding
	 to God revealing, and the product of that is the obedience
	 of the will to God commanding."
		Matthew Henry, on Romans 1:5

http://home.comcast.net/~HA-reliv