Konqueror: Clicking on folder opens Gimp

bruce at tfnet.ca bruce at tfnet.ca
Wed Nov 9 03:03:24 GMT 2005

I just started getting the most bizarre behaviour in Konqueror; it seems to
think that every folder is in fact a file associated with The Gimp.

For example, if I have Konq open to my home folder /home/bruce, and click on a
folder (say "Documents"), instead of giving a directory listing of that folder,
the Gimp launches and tries to open the folder as though it were a file. Gimp
gives an error message, of course.

I checked my file associations, and couldn't see what might be causing this.
Anyone else seen this behaviour?

KDE/Konqueror 3.3.2, Debian Testing/Unstable (Mepis)

-- Bruce