Borked Kpager

Chris cpollock at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 5 18:11:27 GMT 2005

I have somehow borked my kpager setup, the one on the desktop. I
accidentally removed the border for one thing and can't get it back.
Alt-F3 wlll not bring up any menus. I can see in the current session in
~/.kde/share/config/session where the problem probably is, however manually
editing it will not fix the problem.  In the current session I have this
for attributes:

resourceClass1=kicker
resourceClass2=gkrellm
resourceClass3=gkrellm
resourceClass4=kpager
resourceName1=kicker
resourceName2=gkrellm
resourceName3=gkrellm
resourceName4=kpager

userNoBorder1=false
userNoBorder2=false
userNoBorder3=false
userNoBorder4=true

I believe the problem is here, where userNoBorder is set to true for kpager.
In an older session from a backup this is set:

resourceClass1=kicker
resourceClass2=gkrellm
resourceClass3=kpager
resourceClass4=gkrellm
resourceName1=kicker
resourceName2=gkrellm
resourceName3=kpager
resourceName4=gkrellm

Kpager being class3/name3

userNoBorder1=false
userNoBorder2=false
userNoBorder3=false
userNoBorder4=false

Whis does set a border for kpager.  When I manually set the usrNoBorder to
false using a text editor, save it and restart the session, it defaults
back to true.  If in preferences > session manager I set it to Restore
Manually Saved Session, its apparently not reading the previous one as I
have to reload Gkrellm and my firewall gui.  The other problem seems to
arise form the kpager session file.

[Number]
NumberOfWindows=1

[WindowProperties1]
ClassName=KPagerMainWindow
Height 768=51
ObjectName=KPager
Width 1024=264

Which puts it as a small size, the pagerrc file in the ~/.kde/share/config
folder also sets the x/y coordinates for the pager.  However, the size
seems to change after a few tries to where its height and width are set to
264.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  I can get along without it and use the
pager on the taskbar, but I'm pretty used to it being there.

--
Chris
Registered Linux User 283774 http://counter.li.org