hard freeze/hang/lock when closing webpages

Christopher J. Bottaro cjbottaro at alumni.cs.utexas.edu
Thu May 26 16:35:53 BST 2005

This is happening at least once a day.  It seems to happen when I close a
web page (close a tab or click the close box for the entire app).  I myself
use konqueror, but it seems to happen to my gf also when she uses firefox
and google scholar.  This happens on two separate FC3 system (home machine
and work laptop).  The freeze up is pretty harse.  Everything stops
responding (no mouse or keyboard).  No key combos do anything.

Here is some system info, please let me know if I need to supply anymore.

kernel-2.6.11-1.14_FC3
kdelibs-3.4.0-1.4.3.kde
firefox-1.0.3-1.3.1

Does anyone else have problems like this?  Any hints or suggestions?  Thanks
for the help.