Is file association configurable for tarballs

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun May 22 04:26:37 BST 2005

A bug report made me notice that there is something that I don't
understand.  With a *.tar.bz2 the setting for the File Association for
the MIME type x-bzip2 has no effect on what happens when I left click a
file of that type in Konqueror.  It changes what is available in the
right click menu, but a left click still displays it in the Konqueror
window.  EP says that this is an KIO slave that does the display (I
presumed that it was Ark because that is what the right click menu says ).

IAC, the question is: is there any way to configure the action for a
left click for that type of file?  Or is this default hard coded somewhere?

--
JRT