Is kget abandoned?

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:55:35 BST 2005

On 5/19/05, David Cary Hart <KDE at tqmcube.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 16:29 +0200, Dawid Ciezarkiewicz wrote:
> > I'm using KGet since ... ever and I can't see any progress in it for some time. Homepage ( http://kget.sourceforge.net/ ) last update was: 28 May 2002. I like this program and I wish it would be still developed. So I'm asking is this project abandoned? If yes - what should I use as replacement or if somebody is going to takeover developing of KGet.
> >
> Just because it hasn't been modified doesn't mean it's deprecated. The
> underlying wget remains pretty much unchanged for years.

If you wish more progress in KGet, but the developers don't see
anything that really needs changed (whats wrong with it?), then point
out what you think is missing or incorrect, and maybe even get your
hands dirty with some coding.

I think we all miss one fundamental goal of software developement: to
finish it. Usually, this never ever happens, and developement just
goes on until either everyone moves on to a different solution, or the
original problem goes away and we don't need it any more. But, there
are those few instances where a project reachse a point where it is,
for lack of a better term, perfect.

I'm not saying KGet is perfect, but I found it a nice opportunity to
pipe in with these thoughts.