What am I missing: cdbakeoven & kreatecd from extragear won't compile

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue May 10 05:47:27 BST 2005

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:

> 1. The output of configure says that it won't compile kreatecd and
> cdbakeoven, but it gives no reason why.
> 2. When I was running only libsndfile in the /usr path, configure
> complained about it.  Now that I have installed libsndfile in my KDE
> path, there does not even appear to be any indication that it is being
> looked for at all.
>
> Oh well, like all the problems (there are very few, actually) that I
> have with KDE, this one too will be figured out :)

There could be something wrong with your code.  How did you download it?

This lists the required dependencies:

	http://cdbakeoven.sourceforge.net/software.php

I don't find these on KDE Extra Gear:

	http://extragear.kde.org/

Perhaps if you used CVS to download the code, you should try the
tarballs from SF:

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/kreatecd/
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdbakeoven/

or perhaps it would be better to use something other than "KCreateCD:

JRT