What am I missing: cdbakeoven & kreatecd from extragear won't compile

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Tue May 10 04:09:52 BST 2005

On Mon, 09 May 2005 19:23:58 -0700
James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote:

> Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > On Mon, 09 May 2005 15:38:02 -0700
> > James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote:

> I found this in your file:
>
> *** sndfile is not installed.
>
> Not a very good error message, but I think that you need this.  I
> find that I have it installed so it is probably needed for something.
>
> Actually, this is called: "libsndfile".

Hello, James
I do have libsndfile installed.  rpm -qa libsndfile gave me the
following: libsndfile-1.0.11-1

> If you are building from source:
>
> http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/libsndfile-1.0.11.tar.gz

I must confess that I have had inconsistent success (usually it goes
really good) with libraries in the default FC3 (/usr) path being picked
up properly in my KDE SVN HEAD path (/usr/local/kde-svn)  So I will
compiling and installing libsndfile from source, in my KDE path.a

What is really frustrating is that until I reinstalled FC3 a few days
ago, cdbakeoven and kreatecd both compiled and installed fine.  Maybe
something changed in SVN HEAD, who knows...

Steven P. Ulrick