disabling password caching in kde

LeVA leva at az.isten.hu
Thu Mar 31 18:57:27 BST 2005

2005. március 31. 19:40,
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
-> kde at mail.kde.org,:
> On Thursday 31 March 2005 17:07, LeVA wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I want to disable kde's password caching feature. It caches my passwords
> > when I enter to an ftp site with Konqueror or krusader. After restarting
> > Konqueror (or krusader), it loses the pwd. I believe this has something
> > to do with KControl / KDE Components / Services /
> > Load-on-Demand Services:
> > KDED Password Module
> >
> > But I don't know how to disable it.
>
> Find the kpasswdserver.desktop file
> Either modify the global one or copy it to .kde/share/services/kded and
> modify the local one:
> at the bottom of the file there is an entry which allows load-on-demand,
> try setting it to false and restart KDE
>
> Please report back if it worked.
Hi!

Does it work? Sort of.. :)) I've set the load-on-demand value to false, and in
deed it doesn't load when I'm trying to reach an ftp server with Konqueror.
But Konqueror doesn't ask for a password at all... Instead I get an error
message in Konqueror:
"An error occurred while loading ftp://leva@host"

So kde doesn't start the kpasswd server, but it seems that then kde can not
ask for a password.
So I have to start that kpasswd server, and somehow try to configure to not to
cache my passwords.

Any more ideas would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
Daniel