Error acquiring ROOT privileges in KDE 3.4.0

Chad Robinson crj at lucubration.com
Tue Mar 29 12:48:45 BST 2005

Sergio Bossa wrote:
> Another hint.
> If I write in Konsole:
> kdesu "/usr/bin/kcmshell kde-clock.desktop --lang it"
> I get the same error:
> "Authentication Rejected, reason : ........"
> But the Date and Time panel gets opened and I can modify it.
> Any idea?

Make sure you're a member of the wheel group. Many distributions are set up
such that you need to be there in order to SU to root. Note that just making
the change and trying KDESU again isn't enough - I always had to log out of
KDE and then back in, in order for it to see the change. Not sure why, but see
if it helps.

Regards,
Chad