What happened to Tab Page Mode in Kate 3.4?

Joshua Hansen joshua at ubernet.net
Mon Mar 28 12:20:18 BST 2005

I got KDE 3.4 up and running on my Gentoo box last night without a single
problem. For the most part I was pleased with the changes, things are snappy
and KHTML is rendering better than ever.

However, one of the primary reasons that I use KDE is because I love Kate.
What I do not love, however, is IDEAL mode. In fact, I hate it. Traditionally
I have run in tab page mode and can configure it to look like so:

http://culthero.org/stuff/kate.png

Has "Tab Page Mode" been completely removed from KDE 3.4?

Is there some other package or component I need to install to add that
functionality?

If it is removed is there anyone I can bribe to put it back?

Or is there an unofficial patch that adds this functionality?

Anyway, any help would be nice. It's a really annoying problem, especially
since there are so many other cool things in the new version.

Joshua