Add / Remove programs

Stephan Matthiesen stephan.matthiesen at gmx.de
Sat Mar 26 16:35:14 GMT 2005

Hello,

Am Samstag, 26. März 2005 15:07 schrieb zika:
> Since most new users are complaining about
> Add/remove programs application missing, here is my idea:
> Someon could create simple program,for installing / uninstallig
> programs, that would have this in its config file:
> You could install new programs by drag'n'droping it to this program
> (and selecting install). Program would issue selected
> type of installation, or uninstallation.
> You could deinstall programs from one place.
> Application for Add/Remove would be same in all KDE-using distributions.

Yes. Sorry, I am not sure if I understand, but doesn't kpackage (the KDE
package manager) already do this, and more? It's in the K-Menu under System.

I don't use it often, but when you drag'n'drop a package on it, it opens an
install dialogue. Also you get a list of all installed packages with a button
to uninstall.

Or did I misunderstand what you are asking for?

All the best
Stephan