Krpmview

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 20:53:43 GMT 2005

Hi
The fix I had for downloaded rpm's only showing up in konq hasn't worked out.
It was ok but the right click option disappeared following a reboot. If I try
to get the association back krpmview isn't listed and a search shows that
there is no such executable on my machine only a directory that contains a
shell script and a perl file.
Interestingly the first few lines of the shell script state something like -
go away, you do not want to read this!

I've had the same problem downloading tars. They just displayed in konq and I
could do nothing with them - just got the titles. I fixed that that this time
by removing the embedding in the association section. The tars still launch
ok so there doesn't seem to be a problem doing it that way.

BUT just how do I get the krpmview association  back without it activating on
downloads? Is there an application?

Regards
John