How to enable the old kicker icon-zoom effect in KDE 3.4?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Mar 23 08:56:16 GMT 2005

Andrew Kar wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:55 pm, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
>
>>Just wanted to speak up as one who very-much appreciates the work done in
>>the midst of those complaining.
>

> Yes it is good work isn't it and giving a description with the app scores
> Usability points. It would be good if there was a speed setting but I haven't
> noticed if there is yet.  The translucent windows and shadows are quite a
> treat too but you really need a fast graphic card. For a while I was worried
> that kde was going to lose the race to Gnome purely on perceived "sexiness"
> rather than technical merit  but KDE is now zooming ahead and the SVG
> wallpapers look great as well.

If it wasn't for the "way cool" animation, I would tend to agree with
you.  But, then there are the bugs.  The X priority of the popup windows
is wrong -- it is lower than the Panel that spawns them (you only see
this if you have multiple auto hide panels).  The icons used are 64x64
and many icons don't come that large yet and as currently setup, KDE
will NOT enlarge a 48x48 icon to 64x64 if it can find one of another
theme that is the requested size.

--
JRT