kde-wide automatic spellchecking, how can i disable it?

LeVA leva at az.isten.hu
Tue Mar 22 21:50:12 GMT 2005

2005. március 22. 11:38,
Jens Nixdorf <jens.nixdorf.liste at trackpoint.de>
-> kde at mail.kde.org,:
> Hi all,
>
> the whole question is asked already inthe subject, so where is the
> checkbox to switch off this spellchecking-thing? I found it yet very
> strange in KMail, that i have to open a new Message-Window to switch it
> off, but then it is only done for KMail. I have here some computers,
> which are not the newest and fastest ever and therefore it is very
> annoying if i have to fill some forms at a website and my laptop freezes
> always for some seconds because the automatic spellchecking is eating
> ressources. And: I dont want to uninstall the spellcheckers (aspell,
> ispell etc) as a workaround.
I am curious about the answer too, looking forward to it :)

As a temporary solution (maybe you already know this), you can
right click on the form in the web site, and can turn off the spell checking.

I know that it still freezes while loading, but maybe it will be faster after
turning it off, and while you are typing.

Daniel

--
LeVA