Screen artefacts when using translucency

James Grimwood pickoo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 14:36:16 GMT 2005

If I enable transparent windows and the x.org extension, everything
works except when I change a maximised window back down to its
original shape.

When I do this the desktop isn't redrawn correctly. What I see is the
remains of the previously maximised window drawn over the screen. I
have to either choose "refresh desktop" from its context menu, or drag
a window over the desktop to redraw it.

I've got an NVIDIA GeForce Go 511 graphics "card" and the latest
NVIDIA X server. Gentoo Linux, kernel 2.6.11.

An OpenGL version of this would be very fancy, btw.

--
http://www.piku.org.uk - Outdoor Photos: http://www.piku.co.uk