Crashing on X exit

Jes Hall jes.hall at kdemail.net
Tue Mar 22 12:21:50 GMT 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:25, James Grimwood wrote:
> Every time I log out of KDE to turn my computer off, Kicker and
> sometimes Konqueror crash.
>
> If I were to remove my ~/.kde directories, would that help? I still
> have them from when I was using 3.4.0-rc1.

Try creating a completely new user, and seeing if this user has the same
problem. This will tell you if the problem is indeed in your ~/.kde directory
before you delete any files. If it turns out that the new user does not have
this problem, try simply moving your ~/.kde/share/config/kickerrc and
~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc out of the way to see if that helps.

--
JH

KDE Frequently Asked Questions:
http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/faq/

panic("esp_handle: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!");