Laptop control on 3.4 for SUSE

Derek Fountain dflists at iinet.net.au
Sat Mar 19 00:55:57 GMT 2005

I just downloaded the SUSE KDE-3.4 packages for my SUSE-9.0 based APM laptop.
All seems fine (although there isn't a kdegraphics3 package - has that been
overlooked or removed?).

One issue though - laptop control. What do I use to get a laptop battery icon
in the tray? I have a 'klaptop_check' application, but it doesn't seem to do
anything when run. The "Start Battery Monitor" button on the control panel
pane doesn't do anything when clicked either.

The "Current Battery Status" icon on the control pane does show the correct
battery status, so the underlying control mechanism is clearly working. Did
the battery monitor applet thing get renamed to something weird or missed out
of the SUSE packages or something?

--
---
Derek Fountain, on the web here : <a href="http://www.derekfountain.org">Derek