How to enable the old kicker icon-zoom effect in KDE 3.4?

Tim München kdelist at privatepanic.de
Fri Mar 18 12:57:02 GMT 2005

Hi everyone,

since KDE 3.4, there's the new fancy graphical tooltip when you hover over
Kicker's icons.

But how can I re-enable the old-style "iconzoom" effect?

In KControl, under Desktop->Panels->Appearance, the option "enable Icon zoom" is
not there anymore, there's only the option "enable icon mouseover-effects",
that's the option for the tooltip.

Also, in .kickerrc, I have still the option "EnableIconZoom=true", but I assume
the icon zoom effect was completely exchanged for the new tooltip-effect, am I
right?

Thanks,

Tim München