biggest beef with KDE.

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Mar 12 13:50:52 GMT 2005

On Saturday 12 March 2005 14:41, Francisco Hidalgo Sola wrote:
> I've always found it's very confusing that features requests are done as a
> bug report. I don't think a user wanting a new feature would imagine that
> Help -> Report Bug is the right option.

True, the german menu entry also includes wished (translated back something
like "report problems and whishes")

The reason is more a technical one. All those entries end up in the bugzilla
database, where other users can find them, developers can ask for more
details, other users can vote on them, etc.

A general feedback form would be technically possible, no question about that,
but the projects lacks the human resources for this.
It would need several people for translating the feedback into English,
sorting and merging it, filtering it into categories, etc.

I guess if enought advanced users volunteer to work on something like that the
technical basics would soon be in place.

Cheers,
Kevin
--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>