Embedded text viewer doesn't work in Konqueror

Pantaleimon pantaleimon at home.no
Tue Mar 8 09:17:48 GMT 2005

Hello

KDE 3.1.4/SuSE 9.0

The embedded text viewer in Konqueror refuses to work. Besides, the
entry for the text viewer has vanished from the list of components I
get when I choose 'edit file type' and the tab 'embedding' and then
'add' from the context menu for a *.txt file.

If I chose an other component, such as 'KWord' to use as embedded viewer
it doesn't work any better. I still get the external viewer (emacs)
when I click on a text file. When I go back then 'KWord' too is missing
from the list.

I'm not familiar with the KDE config files, but I have located one
called profilesrc whish seems to have something to do with file
associations and possibly embedding.

Any ideas?