Konqueror fonts?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Mar 8 05:11:48 GMT 2005

Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have KDE 3.2.2 and use Konqueror for browsing.
>
> The Helvetica font on my system is broken for some reason (the space between
> letters is way too large). I have the MS Arial font installed. I have set all
> sans serif fonts in Konqueror's Fonts tab to Arial.
>
> And yet, on *some* sites (like www.unitedlinux.com), it still shows the broken
> Helvetica!
>
> How can I make it completely forget about Helvetica?

Method 1:

Install the Helvetica that comes with Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.x for Windows:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobatreader/win/3.x/ar302.exe

HVBO____.PFB
HVB_____.PFB
HVO_____.PFB
HV______.PFB

Get the AFM files here:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/type/win/all/afmfiles/900-960/950/

Convert all of the file names to ALL LOWER CASE before installing.

Method 2:

Make the needed entry in: "/etc/fonts/local.conf" so that FontConfig
will use: "Nimbus Sans L" in place of Helvetica (that is the URW clone
of Helvetica that comes with GhostScript).

Method 3:

Change the appropriate default CSS.

--
JRT