Kppp and radio modem question

Phil phil at spiderweb.com.au
Thu Jun 30 22:38:12 BST 2005

Hello Everyone,

I have a Maxon minimax MM-5500U EV-DO modem that I'm trying to setup.

Running modprobe cdc-acm, with the modem connected to the USB port,
generates /dev/ttyACM0 but it isn't listed under Kppp's "device" tab. The
closest device is /dev/usb/ttyACM0.

I tried creating "modem2" in the /dev directory and linking it
to /dev/usb/ttyACM0 but it wasn't listed under the "device" tab and the link
didn't work either.

I can change the /dev/modem link to point to /dev/ttyACM0 but then I would
have to alter it everytime I want to connect via a landline. I can't see how
I can setup two devices; one for the landline modem and the other for the
radio modem account.

I'm a long way from home and I don't have my Linux notes with me. Can someone
please put me on the correct track? Swapping between Windows and Linux to
send and receive, and sort through my mail is a real pain.

--
Regards,
Phil.