Install the Flash plugin

Ryan Schultz schultz.ryan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 04:14:03 BST 2005

On Saturday 25 June 2005 12:41 pm, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have kde 3.2.2, will soon update to 3.4.1.
>
> I'd like to install the Flash plugin, but I don't have Firefox installed. I
> have old Mozilla 1.4 instead. So, is it possible to install the modern
> Flash plugin so it would work with Konqueror? If so, how?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Yes, install the Flash player (however your distro does it, alternately you
may have to get the version from Macromedia)[1], make sure Konqueror has
support for Netscape plugins, go to Settings -> Configure Konqueror, choose
the Plugin section, and click scan for new plugins. It should pickup the
Flash player if it was installed in a reasonable place.

Under Debian, 'apt-get install konqueror-nsplugins', install Flash, then do
the plugins scan.

[1]http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/macromedia/site_ucsc.html
Flash Player 7 for all sorts of distros.

--
Ryan Schultz
-> floating point exception: divide by cucumber