KMail creates tonns of /tmp/tmp.XXXX files

Stefan Walkner walkner.stefan at sbg.at
Sat Jun 25 08:04:41 BST 2005

hello,

Since using pre versions of kde 3.4 (currently using kde-3.4.1) I noticed that
my /tmp directory is spammed with tmp.XXXXX (i.e. tmp.2R4N9O) files. I didn't
know how to find out by which program these were created. But today I was
able to figure it out.
I deleted the files and waited. When receiving an email in kmail 3 tmp.XXXX
files are created (and YES - I tried this multiple times - so I'm sure it is
ONLY when receiving emails). They all have 0 bytes but I would like to know
whether some of you experience the same strange thing?

Thank you in advance,
stefan walkner