2x Issues

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Jun 20 18:14:09 BST 2005

On Monday 20 June 2005 19:10, Patrick Rutkowski wrote:
> On Monday 20 June 2005 12:57 pm, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Monday 20 June 2005 18:33, Patrick Rutkowski wrote:
> > > 2) Is there a suggested program for checking my KMail inbox and giving
> > > me a pop-up in the sys-tray area when I get a new mail?
> >
> > KMail itself can do that.
> > It has an option to notify about incoming mails and one of KDE's standard
> > notifcation forms is "Passive popup"
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kevin
>
> Great, thanks for the heads up; I looked arround and enabled the pop up.
> However, It seams that my "Check Mail every 1minute" setting checks mail
> only if KMail is open; I can enable background mail checking?

Hmm, no.
You could run Korn if you like independend checking or some other mail
checker.

Using KMail itself has the advantage that the mails are already there when you
are notfied and already processed by your filters, so the notification can
tell you in which of your folder you've got new message.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>