kinternet issues

jsowden at americansentry.net jsowden at americansentry.net
Fri Jun 17 19:32:03 BST 2005

I just installed Suse 9.3.  I am using 'demand=yes to make an internet conn on
starting an internet application.  I set the idle time to zero, assuming that
this means it will not time out.

Problem: my system disconnects ocasionally while I am running an internet
application.  There is a check box labeled "trigger connect on request of
application".  I check the box, but when I return, it is unchecked.  When I
click on 'check mail', I am not connected until I fiddle with the kinternet
menu and reclick on 'check mail'.  Clicking on refresh in a browser after net
accessing a home page on starting the browser does nothing. Reclicking on the
home page starts the dialing process.  There does not seem to be a
consistancy with this problem.

tia,
John